Moxie Fab World: Stamp It Challenge

Good morning!  Today I have a card to share with you that uses the {ippity} stamp set  Shine.  I have to admit, when I first saw this set, the light bulb  was my least favorite of all the stamps in this set.  Then I thought about  colored light bulbs that you see from time to time in stores and thought what if I randomly stamped the light bulb then had a glow of color  coming from each bulb.  So that was my idea and here is the card I created.



Since I've been playing with watercolor paints lately, I decided to stamp the images on watercolor paper and then paint the center of each bulb. The cord  on the light bulb was masked off  and then I randomly stamped each bulb. I tried several random patterns and paint colors, but I liked this random pattern the best and I found that using varying shades of the same color worked the best as opposed to using multi colors.  Some little black pearls and ribbon finished off the card.

Since stamping  was predominant element in this card,  I decided to enter it the Moxie  Fab World Stamp It Challenge.   This challenge is open until the end of the day today, if you want to play along.

Thanks so much for looking and have a wonderful day!

Susan

Supplies:
Stamps:  Ippity - Shine
Card stock:  Memory Box
Ink:  Palette Noir
Paper:  Watercolor
Paint:  Watercolor
Misc:  Ribbon, pearls

Comments

Hey Susan! Thanks for linking this up to the Stamp It! Cards Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)
Dana said…
Love the light bulbs!! Awesome card!! Congrats on the Moxie Fab win!!
Virginia L. said…
Love the stamping and the fun and creative design! Congrats on your top 10 Moxie Fab Top 10 win!
ileana said…
Amazing work! so creative, and the sentiment would lift any spirits up :-)
have a nice day!

Popular Posts