Vibrant Watercolor Wash Background

     The card I am sharing  with you today was made for the on-line card class, Watercolor for card makers.  I absolutely loved this class, but since I was sick for the first week of class, I was not able to make as many cards as I would have liked using all the amazing techniques we were taught.  Today's card uses distress inks to make this watercolor background.  It only took me five or six tries to get a background that I really liked!  It looked so easy in the lesson, but through trial and error, I think I finally got the hang of it.


 
 
 
It's hard to tell from the  photo, but  the sentiment consisted of five layers of card stock in the same colors as the ink I used -  red, pink orange and yellow. I trimmed the color wash and use foam dots to add dimension to the card. All in all this was a fun technique. I'll keep sharing more cards until the card class gallery closes on Thursday.
 
Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
 
Susan

Comments

Popular Posts