Faux Layered Die Cuts




     I decided it was time to learn some new card making techniques so I enrolled in the online card class , Clean and Simple Card Making.  The first lesson  taught is how to make Faux Effects.  For this card,  I practiced  the technique of inlaid die-cuts.   This technique involves inlaying die cuts back into the cardstock they were originally cut from.  The result is a smooth, one layered card.  This was my first attempt  using this technique and although it's a little tricky, I like the end results. 







 
 
 
I used Memory Box dies and cardstock along with some Echo Park Dots and Stripes paper.  One thing I noticed is that  a little thicker cardstock would have worked a little  bit better, but being my first try at this technique I was happy with the results. 
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
 
 
Susan

Comments

Popular Posts