Friday, April 11, 2014

Stencils and Watercolor

     Good morning! Today I am sharing a card that I made for the Moxie Fab World Styling With Stencil Challenge and the Avery Elle Watercolor Challenge.  Starting with my DCWV circle stencil, I taped the stencil to my paper and used watercolor paint to color in the circles.  I kept water to a minimum to keep the paint dryer and thicker.  The result was these brightly colored circles.  I then outlined each circle with dashes and stamped a flower on each circle.  Both the flower and the sentiment came from the same Avery Elle set, Oh Happy Day.


 
 
 
Challenge 4
 
 
I love the vibrant colors of the paint  and how well the paint stayed within the stencil.  I would definitely use this technique again and hopefully achieve the same results.
 
Thanks for visiting,
Susan

5 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

Very fun! Love those colors and the black stitched look is great on this card. Thanks for playing along with Avery Elle!

Yana Smakula said...

I love these vibrant colours too! Great card! Thank you for joining us at AE's challenge!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

I love those vibrant colors, popped against that black, too!! Super fun and a great take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing with the AEI♥U Challenge - we're so glad you did!!

Deborah said...

Great card love the bright colors and all the details also that is one of my favorite sentiments!

Cornelia W said...

Such a cool card - congrats on your Moxie Fab shout out - well deserved!

MFT Color and Sketch Challenges

     Once again I made a card for the My Favorite Things weekly color and sketch challenges.   For the challenges I used the Kitschy Kitche...