Thursday, February 3, 2011

Love You

Today I have a card to share with you that I made for this week's challenges at the Shabby Tea Room and Card Patterns.  The challenge this week at the Shabby Tea Room was to create a card using only  stamping, no pattern paper and only handmade embellishments.   I combined this challenge  with the card sketch from Card Patterns and here is the card I created.


Click photo to enlarge



Here is the card sketch that I used for this card.


 I usually don't use so many layers on a card so this was a fun sketch for me to work with.  I began this card card by stamping and embossing an  Art Noveau background from CHF onto  pale blue card stock from Memory Box.  I then inked over the embossed image with tea dye distress ink from Rangers.  The same color ink  was used to stamp all the images on the card.  I then used a combination of stamps from Anna Griffin, Unity,  and Papertrey Inc.  for all the stamped images.  A Tim Holtz embossing folder was used for the embossed background and some ribbon, lace and rhinestones finished off the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!

Susan
(P.S.  by mistake I forgot to add a direct link to my card on Card Patterns so I posted it again because I couldn't figure out how to delete the first post.  Sorry!)

8 comments:

Irene said...

Wonderful card! It's so pretty and elegant!

Natschichilli said...

Susan, your card is very, very wonderful! :-)

P.S. Every day I'm pleased about my stamps from Ippity! Every day!!

Natalie

Nicole said...

Great card -love that ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Lindsay said...

This is gorgeous! Thank you for playing with us at Card Patterns!

~amy~ said...

wonderfully romantic card! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!!!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Oh, my! This is gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room! :)

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR Designer

Debbie said...

So very lovely ... beautiful monochromatic color palette! Thank you for joiing us this week in the Tea Room :)

cbuswell said...

So beautiful, love the butterfly!! thanks for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room!! : )