Thursday, February 10, 2011

Clean and Simple and Ippity Color Challenge

Good morning everyone!  I have another Valentine card to share with  you.  Today  I combined this weeks sketch from Clean and Simple and combined it with the red, black. white and aqua color challenge from Ippity and here is the card I created.






Sketch:                                             Color Combo:


I  loved the sketch and color combo and thought it would make a great card.  Of course now that I look at the card it seems my aqua is more blue, but it looked aqua when I was working on it late yesterday afternoon!  Oh well...too late now!
I started with a  black card base and added black and white polka dot paper.  Then  I embossed a piece of  black paper with a heart design and stamped over it with a white text stamp.  All the black made the card too dark so I added a doily on top of the embossed paper.  This pretty heart image came from Music of my Heart  by {ippity}.  I used the Bit of Burlap stamp to add a pale blue background to the stamped image.  I then cut it out using Spellbinders dies and added another red doily and some red gingham ribbon.  The  sentiment came from another {ippity} set, How you Doin'

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Susan 

1 comment:

Banu said...

Superb Card. WOW....I had not used this image from this set so far, but you have totally inspired me to do so by this card. So neat.