Monday, February 8, 2010

{ippity} Hop Monday

     Hello again ladies and welcome to another {ippity} hop.  The card I want to share with you today uses the chicken from the Simply Home stamp set.


 


I didn't realize how cute this stamp was until I started to play around with it.  Once I saw how cute it was, I thought it would go perfect with some Martha Stewart tags I had.  After I stamped the image in black, I used clear embossing power which gave the stamped image a nice shine.  After researching egg color, I settled on brown and speckled eggs. I had to research egg color just in case there were some other egg colors besides white and brown that I wasn't aware of!  I did find a nice egg chart of various colored eggs but I settled on brown eggs with a few speckles.  I can't wait to see what the other {ippity} chicks have made for today's hop.  Please click here for the list of hop participants. If you're interested in the Simply Home stamp set at a special price for today only, please click here.
     Thank you so much for stopping by today and enjoy the rest of the hop!

Hugs,
Susan

Card Ingredients:
Card Stock:  Papertrey
Pattern Paper:  Cosmo Cricket,Early Bird
Stamps: Ippity, Simply Home
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders nestabilities
Misc:  Martha Stewart tag, Basic Grey button, Zing clear embossing powder,
Prismacolor markers, Papertrey Inc, ribbon

23 comments:

lynn said...

love your mix of papers-and your coloring!

BonnieRose said...

love your card... so simple and colorful... gorgeous!

Robynccgirl said...

Too cute! Love that image too!

Kelly Landers said...

This is simply adorable!! I had to chuckle when I read that you researched the color of eggs!! You did a great job coloring yours... time well spent!! LOL!

Heather said...

WOWingly stunning! LOVE the use of this image!

Stephanie said...

Wow! Such a cute and adorable card! LOVE your eggs!

Gardner's Basket said...

Very nice card. I agree that stamp is really cute.

Maria Gurnsey said...

I really need to use Simply Home more, this is fabulous :)

JenMarie said...

Oh caaa-UTE!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!!

Jennine Chambers said...

Love what you did to show off this stamp! You are also using some of my FAVORITE paper! Great card!

Lisa H. said...

omg! I think this is the cutest use of this image yet-love those pieced eggs!

Eva said...

Ok, this is just incredible!!!!! Love, love, love your design. I guess I will be marching to Michaels to get those adorable labels by Martha..great find!!!

Jodi C. said...

OH WOW!!WOW!!WOW!!! This card is so GORGEOUS!!! I haven't used that image yet, THANKS so much for the inspiration!!!

I LOVE your creations and I just HAD to become a follower of your blog!!

{HUGZ}
Jodi

Tinker and JingeBear's Mom said...

Adorable! I love chickens, and this paper is a perfect pair.
~ky

Emily said...

love your card, the papers are fab!

Elisabeth said...

What an adorable card! This is one of the few ippity stamps that I haven't inked yet, thanks for the inspiration!

Angie Blom said...

Susan.. outstanding card.. love love it !! great papers.

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

This is lovely!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

CHICKENS are my FAV FAV FAV!! Love this card! Great job--tfs:)

Jen said...

This is soooo adorable and your papers are fabulous! Great inspiration, thanks for sharing!

Carolina said...

Just adorable in every way ~ that dp is just perfect to make the image pop!

Andrea said...

Love it!!!

My Favorite Things Card Design Contest

Once again I am entering a card in the   My Favorite Things Card Design Superstar contest .  I am entering this card in the Clean and Simpl...