Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Constellations

 Today I have a card to share with you that I made for the Moxie Fab World Constellation: Trendy Star Power Challenge  as well as the sketch challenge at Case This Sketch.  Years ago I bought some astronomy themed stamp sets and when I saw this challenge, I couldn't wait to finally put my stamps to use.  I created the constellation background  by spritzing white card stock  with Smooch Spritz in the colors of frosted grape and gingersnap.  Then using violet ink I stamped over the  background with an astronomy background stamp.  The stamped image was then layered under the cut out image of the heart. I  stamped the sentiment  on this pretty orange card stock to give the card a little pop and added a few rhinestone stars for a little sparkle.






 
 
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek.  Have a great day!
 
Susan
 
Supplies:
Paper:  Memory Box grape and gourd
Stamps: Astronomy background stamp CHF, Reach 4 The Stars CHF
Ink:  Color Box violet
Dies:  Spellbinder hearts and rectangles
Misc:  Foam tape, star rhinestones


3 comments:

Laura Davis said...

LOVE this!
Laura

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

terisplace said...

Love this beautiful card of yours, Susan!

Teri

MFT Weekly Challenges

     I decided to play along with the challenges at My Favorite Things this week.  Those challenges are the sketch challenge and color chal...