Ippity Blossom Project

Good morning!  This is such a busy time of the year. I haven't had time to do much of any crafting lately, but I wanted to share with you a few tips on on the projects I made for Ippity Blossoms.  I love the birthday set Party Hat Wishes.  My favorite stamp in this set is the happy birthday eye chart.  I made a 4x4 mini card using this stamp.

Click photo to enlarge


The frame that surrounds the sentiment was made from the Inverted Scalloped Square die from Spellbinders.  I thought the party hat needed a pompom so I made one using a strip of crepe paper and fringe scissors.  The little stars were also cut from Spellbinder's dies.  My next project used plain white memo cubes that I stamped on to make party favors.

Click photo to enlarge


I don't remember where I first saw this idea, but I thought the little background stamps from {ippity} would work well with this project.  I used Dots For Sure and Book It as well as Rangers Distress ink to stamp on the cubes.  I found the trick to stamping on paper cubes is to wrap an elastic around the cube before you stamp so the cube stays together when you press down with the stamp.  To avoid an imprint from the elastics, I wrapped a band of paper around the cube first, then wrapped the elastic around the paper.  I thought the stamps made a really good impression.  Each side of the cube was stamped in a different color ink,  then ribbon and a coordinating tag were added.  I really like these  cubes and I was so pleased with how they turned out.  The memo cubes are so easy to personalize for special occasions.  Both my sons are graduating in the spring and I thought the cubes stamped in their school colors would make nice little mementos for their graduation parties.

Check back on Saturday, when I'll explain my next Ippity Blossoms project.  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

Susan

Comments

Lisa H. said…
I know I talked them up on the ippity blog, but had to come here to say how FAB! these are. serioulsly, super cute!
farmhouse-story said…
these are so lovely, susan! enjoy your blossom:)

Popular Posts