Ippity Blossoms Project # 2

Today  I wanted to give you a some details on the Ippity Blossom's projects I created for today.  For both the card and coordinating ornament I used the Season of Joy stamp set.


Click photos to enlarge





I used K&Co. paper for all of today's projects.  It might be a little hard to see, but instead of machine stitching around the center square of the card I used a square template to pierce holes around the paper then connected the holes with a black glaze pen to give the effect of stitching.  This is great way to  add the look of stitching without breaking out your sewing machine.  My only regret is that I wish the faux stitching would have been a little bit darker.  The loopy border in the middle of the card is a large Martha Stewart punch.  The little rhinestones in the middle of the snowflake are from Michale's dollar bin and the leaf pins are from Maya Road.  My next project was the ornament.



I really like this ornament because it is so sturdy.  I found this project in the December issue of Better Homes and Gardens.
In the magazine, it was used as a package topper, but I think it works much better as an ornament if only because, after all the time it takes to make, I would hate to have someone throw it away!  Here are the instructions:
         1.   Start with a piece of 4"x12" double sided paper.
         2.  Mark the paper in 1/2 inch increments and cut
               each strip with a paper cutter.
         3.  Loop each strip in half and attach the ends with a
               glue dot. 
         4.   Attach each loop to the next loop with another
               glue dot.  Just keep attaching one loop to another
               with a glue dot until your circle is complete.
         5.  For the center of the ornament, I stamped the
               snowflake with red ink and heat embossed it with
               red metallic embossing powder.  For even more
               sparkle  I added  red and green rhinestones.
         6.  The stamped snowflake was then matted onto red
              glitter paper with double sided tape.

The next card I made is fairly straight forward.

Click to enlarge



I used the Cherish Your Dreams stamp set on this card. First I stamped the floral border twice, which  I think is so pretty.  Then I lightly colored the flowers with pink and blue  copic markers.  After stamping the sentiment, I lightly colored the butterfly with the same markers and matted it on brown polka dot paper with distressed edges.  Pink, blue and brown twine  and a blue button finished off the card.

I hope you enjoyed my {ippity} projects.  Thanks so much for stopping by today and enjoy your weekend.

Susan

Comments

Popular Posts